News about the project

Topics: News
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Since the main issue with NVNC has been fixed, and I will be updating the code tommorow, I'd like to make a few announcements about the project.

First, I tend to make NVNC performance oriented, meaning that I will first fix all the critical bugs, and only after that add new features.
Second, proper documentation will be added, explaining all the functions and how to use them.
For the near future, I am planning to make a filtering algorithm, which will split up the screen in pieces, and send only those who have truly changed, thus increasing speed, by not sending again the same thing.
For the further future, support for multiple clients will be added.

Thanks for everyone having interest in my project,
T1T4N
Feb 21, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Hi T1T4N,

Thanks for a great bit of software. You have saved me a lot of work! :)

Just thought I'd post as you mentioned you are going to split up the screen and send only the updates. Using the example code on the DemoForge website I built something that does just that. It queries the mirror driver for changes to the screen and creates a list of rectangles. I added a bit where it would combine overlapping rectanges so you don't end up sending the same information repeatedly.

It's not perfect but may help you or someone else reading this.

Here's the example:
example

And of course you need the mirror driver installed

driver

I'm looking forward to your update. Did you manage to implement the zLib streams?

Cheers,

HAL