NVNC using a repeater?

Topics: Feature requests
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Is this possible;
  1. Use maybe the UVNC Repeater (Or webproxy) with NVNC wrapper?
I want to be able to use the repeater because I do not have access to the configuration on my router.

Is this possible?
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM
The current version of NVNC (1.5.0.0) does not support this, however the code has been modified to work with UltraVNC Repeater, thanks to Pyromanci.
The code changes will be visible on codeplex with the next commit. (ETA unknown).

Regards,
T1T4N
Marked as answer by T1T4N on 3/4/2014 at 12:49 PM
May 2, 2014 at 4:38 AM
T1T4N wrote:
The current version of NVNC (1.5.0.0) does not support this, however the code has been modified to work with UltraVNC Repeater, thanks to Pyromanci.
The code changes will be visible on codeplex with the next commit. (ETA unknown).

Regards,
T1T4N
Okay it's awesome to active work on something like this. I was hoping to find a good vnc server, especially with logmein going to garbage. I'd love to see those changes incorporated. I'd also love to see the proxy/repeater reimplemented in NET too... But I don't even know enough about the VNC protocol to know where to start.
May 27, 2014 at 5:02 PM
@Jordanmills

You need to implement reverse connection. I made some changes in NVNC wrapper for implement this. I have explained how to make this in previous post:

https://nvnc.codeplex.com/discussions/445756
May 28, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Thanks, that looks like it will be a good start. I don’t do twitter though, so that’s not my username there.

I’d really like to help make something that can do brokering, like allow me to select from a list of available servers and connect me to that one with minimal overhead. But that is a bit more advanced, and a lot of time to ask someone to spend on my personal request. The ideal end state is to have a service that works like logmein, built on RFB, with an interface exposed as NET objects. Authentication would take extra work (and would have to be out of band, of course).